How your orthodontist in Portage, MI can help your smile
Your orthodontist performs many different procedures to correct improper jaw alignment and poor tooth positioning. Growth rates of your oral structures and genetics play an important role in whether you might need the services of an orthodontist. Dr. Thomas Kwong at Kwong Orthodontics in Portage, MI wants to share some important facts about how an orthodontist can help your smile.
Orthodontists complete at least two years of additional training after completing dental school. Your orthodontist is an expert at learning how to restore full chewing function by re-aligning your jaws and creating a cosmetically beautiful smile by moving your teeth into their correct positions.
When you visit Dr. Kwong, he will use state-of-the-art technology including precise x-rays and models to evaluate your jaw and tooth alignment. Using technology and expertise, he will create a treatment plan designed to correct your jaw and tooth alignment, giving you a beautifully straight smile.
Orthodontists like Dr. Kwong use techniques to correct these common aesthetic and functional problems:
- Correcting poor bite alignment to restore good chewing function
- Improving the appearance of your smile by closing gaps between your teeth
- Improving the ease of cleaning by moving crowded or overlapped teeth
- Preventing excessive wear by repositioning rotated teeth
Dr. Kwong offers a full range of orthodontic treatments for you to choose from including:
- Invisalign clear plastic aligners which straighten your smile invisibly, comfortably, and in less time.
- Lingual braces, using braces cemented to the back of your teeth, creating a better cosmetic look
- Conventional orthodontics, with tooth-colored or clear brackets and wires
- Conventional orthodontics, with metal brackets and wires
Your orthodontist can straighten smiles in children as young as seven, and adults of any age. You are never too old to have a straight smile!
Your orthodontist can give you a straighter, more beautiful smile than you ever thought possible. If you have an uneven, crooked smile, don’t despair! Call Dr. Thomas Kwong at Kwong Orthodontics in Portage, MI. To find out more about orthodontics and orthodontic treatment and how they can help your smile, call today!